Friday, October 31, 2008

Corregidor Island Series - Old Spanish Lighthouse

October 31, 2008

This is the Old Spanish Lighthouse that is the only lighthouse that can be found in the entire Island. It was built even before the Americans invaded the country by the Spaniards. According to corregidorisland.com, At its current site, the original lighthouse was built by the Spaniards in 1836. Sixty-one years later a need for a much bigger lighthouse was conceived which led to the erection of another structure to replace the old one. However, the lighthouse was destroyed during World War II.

The current lighthouse was constructed on the same site at an elevation of 628 feet above sea level. Being the highest point in the island, visitors who climb up the stairs of the lighthouse can have a breathtaking view of Corregidor, Manila Bay, the South China Sea, and the neighboring provinces of Bataan and Cavite. Beside the lighthouse is a small gift shop where visitors can buy souvenirs.

As you can see, The sky is very clear. With all your prayers for that day, We had a very great trip and the weather did made way for us! Thank you so much. To all those who congratulated me for my Award, thank you so much and Congratulations to the receivers of the award!

By the way, this post is a part of the hundreds of views of the sky that are done weekly on Skywatch Friday! I am again inviting you to visit many more snapshots of their own sky. Enjoying the trip around the world's skies starts by clicking this link: Skywatch Friday Happy Skywatch!



14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo. Love the blue sky and clouds!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shot, Steven! Did you post process this? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! A beautiful lighthouse!
    A bit unusual in architecture, too!
    Well done!
    Cheers, Klaus

    ReplyDelete
  5. sara g - Thanks so much! It's very blue right! Thanks!

    layrayski - Just did a bit adding on the contrast and brightness to liven up the frame. thanks so much! God BLess you!

    klaus - Thanks so much! It really is with the stairs inside, very steep.

    Steven^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. The sky and building are both beautiful. The perspective you used to put them together makes it spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice view! :)

    uuy, di na niya sinagot yung tanong ko. haha!
    suplado ka pala sa personal! joke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haaay, wala talaga akong masabi sa ganda ng mga kuha mo! I wish I had even a tiny fraction of your talent and skill.

    Steven, thank you for your continued visits while I've been busy with my sister and nieces! I really appreciate it. I have just arrived from bringing them to the airport so I'll have time to be a virtual tourist again — maybe it'll arrest the depression I can feel beginning to kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cross does prove it to be spanish! I envy the skies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The white gleams against the blue sky! Wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice photo of the lighthouse! The cloudy sky also looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. To everyone, thank you so so much for all your kind and appreciative comments! I really really appreciate it! I'm very sorry if my reply was late because I just got home from the cemetery. I was there all day from 9 am! It was fun to see my family members and commemorate our lost loved ones.

    Thank you so much everyone and God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete

Mabuhay! Welcome to Cavite Daily Photo! Thank you so much for your comments! They really brighten up my day and my province as well! Your comments are truly appreciated and it is what keeps this blog going on!

Stevenson