Friday, April 24, 2020

Darkness for Light

DLSU-D Grandstand, Dasmariñas

We can only appreciate the beauty of light and the colors that are visible through it to the highest extent only if we have experienced darkness as well. 

Just as what we are experiencing right now, the lonely, the hungry, the sick - we can only help each other to survive this situation with hope. All of us are in one or two or all of these negative phases, but once we get through this, together, we'll appreciate the simple things a lot more, in a light we have never seen before this nightmare visited our lifetime. May this pandemic be a lesson of love, of unity, of solidarity, of strength, and of community. Darkness shall pass, light will prevail.

Thank you so much again to my professor Miss Sheryl, who shared this photo from my Alma Mater for all of us to see and enjoy. She took this just before the enhanced community quarantine was imposed mid-March. Stay Safe everyone and never let that spark fade out.

***

This post is part of Skywatch Friday that features different views of the sky around the world. Visit Skywatch and go on tour around the globe seeing sunrises, sunsets and so much more than the sky that you know at http://skyley.blogspot.in/


26 comments:

  1. A beautiful picture and an amazing light. Have a good weekend. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kwarkito! Sunsets are amazing with a little silhouette right :)

      Delete
  2. ...beautiful silhouette against the sky. Schools have seen some serious disruptions during this pandemic. Take care Stevenson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true and it was quite hard for teachers because some of them still has to work and teach creatively by any means or else they'll get their small pays even cut further. Sending you hugs of a happy weekend Tom!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo! So true that we know the power of light, if we have also experienced the darkness.Your post sounds so genuine. It sounds like you have a strong faith. It seems many from the Philippines are Christians. Hope you know some people you can talk to, if you start feeling lonely. You can email me any time. Separated the words, but it is one.
    the jesh studio (.) wordpress (.) com Have a lovely weekend with a lot of light:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Junieper, your comment is so heart-warming and I really do appreciate that. You are so nice and so sensitive to people's feelings in a very good way because you are right, these times re hard for me. We have been blessed to have plenty of food despite the lockdown and resources but the anxiety is killing me, even if I still get to work from home and keep my mind occupied, my health anxiety is really taking its toll on me. Thank you so much and I feel blessed to have stumbled on your blog :) I'll surely be a frequent :)

      Delete
  4. I hope you are right and that we do appreciate the simple things more...or maybe I should say I hope I do. BTW, that is a beautiful sky in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we are so much the same Rose! It's easy for me to say but I cant seem to totally say that I appreciate everything, besides, there's always something to be grateful for, we just have to discern even the smallest reasons to give thanks to :) Thank you and sharing you the colors for a beautiful Weekend!

      Delete
  5. I agree, until we have experienced the dark we cannot fully appreciate the light. Let us keep that spark alive and look for happier times to come again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful affirming words Margaret! I hope you feel better soon just as I am hoping and praying hard to feel and think better again soonest!

      Delete
  6. Hello, what a beautiful skywatch, lovely photo! Take care! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo is absolutely beautiful.
    Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo is striking, and so, too, are your words. I feel like we're in the dark now; I hope we see that light soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you Jeanie. That is very true and I hope the light can engulf us sooner.

      Delete
  9. wow! Very impressive photo ~ light and dark combinations are excellent !

    Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Carol! Sending you light in these dark times, Happy Weekend :)

      Delete

Mabuhay! Welcome to Cavite Daily Photo! Thank you so much for your comments! They really brighten up my day and my province as well! Your comments are truly appreciated and it is what keeps this blog going on!

Stevenson