Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Most Holy Rosary Parish

Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish, Rosario

Formerly known as Salinas, the town of Rosario is named after it's patroness, the Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary. Unlike other parishes in the province, this church features a lower ceiling and newer features since the town of Rosario is quite young in age.

Once a barrio or a baranggay of San Francisco de Malabon (now General Trias), the town of Rosario was formerly known as Salinas-Marsella, named for its salt industry during the Spanish colonial era.  Sal is the Spanish word for salt while Mar pertains to the sea in which the town is in close proximity with. Before the end of the Spaniard regime on the islands, the town was later named Rosario to give reverence to it's town patroness which is also known as Virgen del Rosario de Caracol.

The term caracol on the other hand (or karakol in Tagalog) which is a Spanish word for snail, is a prayer-dance ritual by Filipino Catholics which is still in practice during town fiestas in Rosario and other nearby towns.

16 comments:

  1. It is nice to see a newer church sometimes, and that one looks lovely. Very interesting history of the town as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margaret. This looks quite different than the usual antique churches in our province. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. This lovely young church is beautiful now SQ and I think it will get more beautiful with age 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree Grace. Churches look better and better as it ages :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo ~ beautiful church ~ are you not in 'stay at home' mode? ????

    Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)
    PS ~ Zoe 'on the mend' gratefully ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Oh Yes I am Carol :) Just an old photo I posted from 5 years ago also during the Holy Week.

      Thank you so much for giving me an update of Zoe. I'm continuously praying for her full recovery :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty church and interesting story. The occupants of the church seem to be practicing social distancing. I guess the ends of the pews are most in demand. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kenneth, so happy to see you here on my blog. This photo was taken years ago in the same season of Lent, but your attention to detail is very good! It does look like everyone there was on a distance, I guess most of them wanted to pray alone. Please stay safe my friend!

      Delete
  5. A beautiful church, very nice to see.
    Stay safe, SQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend Bill. Sending you hugs and prayers, be safe!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Picture of the Church.It do not matter if the images are old..Sometimes i Wonder we are so busy we always have to have something fresh and New..i like old photoes and I like you

    Stay healthy eat good watch good Movies and continue carry on but be careful :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very sweet of you Anita, your words made me happy from within. I do agree that old photos deserve to be shared and seen as well, just as new and fresh photos. And I think now that I am locked down on my house is a good time to bring them out.

      Please stay safe especially on your work being a frontliner in these times. Thank you very much for your service. An dyes, a lot of good movies I watched lately :)

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry you won't be able to visit this beautiful space during holy week. I can see how peaceful it would be. Sending you all good wishes during this time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanie! Greetings of Maundy Thursday morning in the Philippines. I wish you best of health and beautiful peace just like this calm yet strong church of Rosario :)

      Delete

Mabuhay! Welcome to Cavite Daily Photo! Thank you so much for your comments! They really brighten up my day and my province as well! Your comments are truly appreciated and it is what keeps this blog going on!

Stevenson