Thursday, April 30, 2020

Noveleta Karakol - Timeless Thursdays

Town Karakol, Noveleta

Happy people of Noveleta in their celebration of a holy procession of their Santa Cruz or their Holy Cross.


The Karakol is a traditional parade in some towns in Cavite wherein Catholics do a procession of the Santa Crus or the Holy Cross and a specific Karakol music is being danced by the faithful. This is traced back to the Spanish Era wherein people of Cavite, mostly farmers, perform this ritual to ask for God's grace and mercy through the form of rain so that the crops will live through the summer season.


Usually, the karakol is performed around the town proper days before the Town Fiesta. In Noveleta, the karakol should have been performed in this week in preparation to their town fiesta which is happening this Sunday, May 3rd. 

As per our reader, this is Mr. Jesus Didal, one of the caretakers of the cross

All photos on this post are credited to the owner and not to the author or this blog.

***
This post is part of Timeless Thursdays. You can click on the link below to visit or join this linky and share your Timeless treasures whether they may be photos or thoughts.


18 comments:

  1. Wonderful celebratory photos ~ The Italians in our town have a similiar event called St Peter's Fiesta ~

    Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol! Oh that is interesting, we got this from the Spaniards during the days so I guess it's related since they are both catholic countries as well :)

      Delete
  2. ...thank for sharing this, I've never heard or seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting seeing old photos, I enjoy them. thanks for sharing. I've been posting my old photos on my other blog, it beats having them sit on harddrives. Enjoy your day!

    Here are the links if you are interested.
    https://glancingbackintime.blogspot.com/
    https://www.burkeseyeview.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bill! i would love to see old photos that you share! I', on my way to your other blogs :)

      Delete
  4. I love seeing old photos...these are fun to look at. Like stepping back in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rose! That is very true, I was amazed when they were sent to me by a reader :)

      Delete
  5. Unknown here, Stevenson. Sad you cannot have it this year, my friend. Beautiful pictures.
    Have that been better times? Easier ones? Reckon as hard as now, just in a different way. Celebrate in your heart, right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so beautiful my friend Iris! Celebrate in the heart, meaningful! Thank you so much my friend and I hope the weather is good there in Germany (and less screams).

      Delete
  6. Hello, these are wonderful old photos. The festival and celebration look like fun! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite an interesting sight to see! Sorry it took me a while to get here, your comment ended up in our spam folder somehow. Thanks for visiting us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! Better late than never! Thank you so much Cute Brian! It's a pleasure to see you and your family of kitty cats!

      Delete
  8. Those floats are enormous. It's fascinating to see the traditions in other countries. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jeanie and I am happy that you like it :)

      Delete

Mabuhay! Welcome to Cavite Daily Photo! Thank you so much for your comments! They really brighten up my day and my province as well! Your comments are truly appreciated and it is what keeps this blog going on!

Stevenson