Friday, May 23, 2008

Philippine Ice Cream

May 23, 2008

Photo Shot at 16:44

Well, This was also a good shooting experience for me because it has been years, actually I guess I was still in high school when I last tasted this heavenly thing! Here in the Philippines, these local Ice creams that are usualy sold by bicycles that roam around the streets and the ice cream man or here called sorbetero usualy have bells that call the attention of children and even old folks that likes to taste this fresh treat! Ice cream in direct Filipino Translation is sorbetes!

This was actually an accidental shot because the sorbetero just bought a spare tire for his bicycle on my uncle's auto supply. Then my Granma told me and my cousin if we do like some and as I saw the cart, I jumped for joy, literally, because it has been a very long time since I tasted such! So as mamang sorbetero is scooping some delight, I rushed through my camera and ask him if I could take a shot, he cordially approved. The flavor of the ice creams are ube(purple yam) and Mango. it was sooo delish!

By the way, i would like to greet my friend Karen who is leaving tomorrow for Singapore. Bon Voyage my dear! Don't forget my pasalubong! And thank you to Marley of Cheltenham for the tip. I'm really sorry! God Bless you all and have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I am happy for you that your taste buds were refreshed with the tastes of your bygone days.

    If I don't get back to see you again before the weekend, I will wish you a "Happy Decoration Day" weekend. Alas, now called 'Memorial Day' weekend here in the states; and, better known for the Indianapolis 500 race than for decorating the graves of the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much Abraham! Have a happy Memorial Day! Thanks so much for the info! Because of that, I think I'll visit my grandpa's grave and hopefully, take a good shot of it! God Bless!

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Dirty ice cream! Well it isnt really dirty, it was to sabotage this fast growing business that companies called it dirty lol. Anyway, sarap p din!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot! Don't worry about the American Idol thing. I'm still watching the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mirage - yah! that is so true! It really is delicious! I'm sure you miss it! If only I can mail a cone for you there at vienna!

    rjay - Thanks so much!

    marley- thanks marley! that really means a lot! Hope you enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete

Mabuhay! Welcome to Cavite Daily Photo! Thank you so much for your comments! They really brighten up my day and my province as well! Your comments are truly appreciated and it is what keeps this blog going on!

Stevenson